[geocentrism] Re: Every duty had its own own bugle call

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:33:44 -0700 (PDT)

Nevile,...
Excerpts:.................
"The short and to the point answer to your question(ing) is that my denial of
the crucifixion being God's will comes from Hosea 6:6."
8888888888888888888888888888888888888
"..........................What you either do not appreciate or, more likely,
you are trying to open up is the fact that my acceptance or rejection of
scriptural writings is not at the book or chapter level, nor even at the verse
level, but at the individual word level.

For example, you may have noticed that I did not quote 'Jesus' as saying "Get
behind me, Satan," but rather, "Get behind me." This is because I advocate that
we have to understand what it is that is being said, not take the translated
words as God-breathed and therefore needing to be understood at the word,
phrase, sentence, verse, chapter, book and Bible levels."

Neville,

But this is the crux of the point I am trying to get at ...How do you know that
the words you  pick are the right ones....without an authoritiy external of
your head how can you be sure you are not being decived into picking and
choosing scriptures just as satan attempted to do with Jesus on the Mt?  What
assurance do you have except your own feelings that you are right?.....I
understand what you are saying it just i dont see how you can valaidate your
posistion external of  "you feel"......That is not a method of validation
exemplified in any of the scriptures that you either accept or reject.....In
fact the only validation method exemplified even with the false prophets/even
satan himself as it relates to scripture was to miss use scripture.....The same
scriptures you are either accepting or rejecting at any given time.......

Allen

Hello Allen,

So you know where I am coming from, I should tell you that I discarded the New
Testament because Paul's writings contradicted the Torah. In other words, I
believed that the Jewish race were indeed God's "chosen people" (you may
remember that I have in the past prohibited members of forums that I control to
speak ill of the Jews and/or "Israel").

It was only then that I began to seriously study Judaism and found it to be
completely contrary to the Father I have come to know to a modest degree.

Then I went back to the New Testament and reinstated those teachings that are
not placed in there to promote astrology or the claim that the Jews are
precious in God's sight.

Then (albeit over-simplistically) I arrive at such understanding of the good
and bad tree that you question. Also, things like, "he who lives by the sword
shall die by the sword," and so on.

I hope that this provides a slightly fuller picture.