[geocentrism] Re: Equivalence

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 19:24:22 +1000

Can I take you one point at a time Allen..  So that we can get the semantics of
word language in common.  I can handle bad spelling, grammar, and even
phrasing, in fact I encourage it for the sake of speed, but I cannot handle the
miss-use of words, especially technical words. If you say amperes and mean EMF
then I and anybody else would be stumped. I'm trying to relearn the old and
assimilate new stuff here, and when you call inertia Gravity, you teach me
nothing. When I said BASIC physics, perhaps I should have said classical
physics... Before Galelleo, and before Einstein.

You said.  any change in the inertial state resutls in a observable change
called an acceleration ..

Now that is hard to understand.  Your language is very difficult for me.  . But
from my knowledge, I take it you mean by change in the "inertial state", as a
change of momentum.

But you then say it results in an acceleration..  I cannot follow that. The
result due to the change is a new velocity from zero to a + or zero to a -  , a
new momentum or no momentum . Now we must exclude angular momentum for this
example..

The acceleration occured during the change, not the result after. Is this what
you meant? Then I agree.

Except I do not agree that this change of momentum or acceleration is always
observable.  What do you mean by observable?

I would take this to mean detectable and measurable...Is that what you meant?

Ok I assume this is what you meant.. Then tell me how a man in a tinbox sealed
from all view, in free fall towards the earth can detect and measure the fact
that he is falling at the rate of 32ft/sec/sec. And in what direction he was
falling , given we tumble him around a few times during the start of the fall..
 You can chose your own instrument.

A similar example which might be easier.. If you are in a vehicle and did not
know which direction your seat was facing, and this vehicle was accelerating,
(speeding up or slowing down, but throwing you back against your seat) would
you be able to detect and measure which direction and whether it was positive
or negative from your original position ?  Without any external data/
knowledge, what instrument do you think would tell you.

I hope this simple question will result in a similarly short answer. Then we
may proceed to the next point of your volume. ..  But only then..

Phil.