[geocentrism] Re: Earth and science

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 15:23:36 +0000 (GMT)

Marc V
From marc-veilleux@xxxxxxxxxxxx Mon Sep  3 01:58:47 2007
Since you won't recognize that (physical) life and intelligent beings are a
good physical reason, will you be intelligent enough to accept it as very
important data ?
Marc, I don't understand why you keep pursuing this. My point is that whether
Man is there to observe or not, the universe will still be doing what it has
always done. Example -- New Zealand was discovered and occupied as a genuinely
uninhabited land by Polynesian people sufficiently recently that the verbal
tradition has preserved a record of the events. When they arrived, they found a
land significantly different in flora and fauna from their island's of origin
and it had clearly been in existence in that state prior to their arrival
unless you are going to claim that each atom discovered came into existence as
a result of being discovered. As Man does, they promptly set about changing
things such as wiping out the moa and introducing pigs which were instrumental
in wiping out other species. It doesn't matter that Man wasn't there earlier,
the land still did what it had always done.
Now concerning the difference between sidereal time and mean solar time. I have
to use the heliocentric position to explain this because even if the geocentric
position has an explanation, I have no idea what that might be but you can bet
that it would be complex. On Earth we have a year -- one revolution around the
Sun -- of approximately 365.25 mean solar days. In this time the Earth has
rotated 365.25 + 1 times. The difference of one rotation spread over 365.25
days is 236 seconds which is 3.94 minutes which is the difference between a
sidereal day and a mean solar day. Now bear in mind that a sidereal day is the
time for a given star to cross a given longitude twice while a mean solar day
is the time for the Sun to do the same.
Now suppose that the Earth does not take 365.25 mean solar days to make one
revolution but instead takes 364.25 but still in the same orbit (thus the
rotation rate would be different). Now it will have made 364.25 + 1 rotations
per revolution thus the mean solar day would then be -- 365.25 * 86400 / 364.25
= 86,637 seconds -- 237 seconds longer than previously. Compared with the
sidereal day of 86,164 seconds, we see that the difference between the solar
and sidereal days will now be 473 seconds ie 7 min 53 sec. So you see, the
difference is determined by two factors -- The length of the year and the
period of rotation, which is the sidereal period.
Now Mars has a year of 687 Earth mean solar days and a sidereal day of 24h 37m
22s ie 88,642s. Therefore the Mars year consists of -- 687 * 86400 / 88,642 =
669.62 sidereal days. There will be one less Mars mean solar day -- known as a
'sol' -- so the sol will be 687 * 86400 / (669.62 - 1) = 88,775s. If we
subtract the sidereal day from this we get -- 88,775 - 88,642 = 133s = 2m 13s.
I think for a rough calculation that should be close enough.
I don't want to be "picky", but since you are stressing on precisions, you
should write (about Sun rises) that it is an average frequency.
Yes it was average but if I were to define every statement to a level
sufficient to satisfy a High Court challenge you'd find it very dull reading --
even duller than you find it now! |[:-)