[geocentrism] Re: Dynamical Equivalence

  • From: "Cheryl" <c.battles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:34:01 -0500

Dr. Jones -- What is it about dynamical equivalence that you want us to
focus on?  I get it that the geocentric and heliocentric models are
identical if the geocentric model includes a spinning earth.  The geocentric
model with a spinning earth also means the stars don't revolve around the
earth -- so that still leaves earth in an acentric "lost-in-space" status.

To be honest with you, I've read through your proof number 2, re Mach's
Principle, and there's parts of it that I'm not understanding, skipping
over, but still I agree with you.  If I could see your description of the
boy with the tennis ball instead of reading a description I'd do better.
The math on Venus is over my head, but I get your main point and would be
willing to bet you're right when you say the geocentric model allows you to
predict the phases of Venus accurately and the heliocentric model is always
off in its predictions.  And I also agree with you that it is thrilling to
contemplate that the very thing Galileo used to sink geocentrism would be
turned around like a cannon captured in the war and used to blast away the
heliocentric model.

It's just that I don't understand the math.   But I wonder why the people at
ICR, AiG and Kent Hovind consider what you have to say.   Is it possible
they have never encountered your work?

Respectfully,
Cheryl