[geocentrism] Re: Conspiracies and lies

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 17:25:50 +0000 (GMT)

Philip M
I can't comment on your difference of opinion with the Woomera management --
there is just not enough information to be able to judge. I do however applaud
your placing morality above money.
That said however, let me make a few comments. It is fairly common for people
to over simplify when arguing eg principle OR money. The truth is that no real
life decision is a result of single parameter considerations. Life is much more
complex than that. Decisions are made on balance. "The pay is good and why
should I care if all I have to do is fill in holes each day which were dug by
that other guy yesterday?"  "The pay is good and why should I care if all I
have to do is dig holes each day which will be filled in by that other guy
tomorrow?"  There is a moral question of waste here but it is not like deciding
whether the returns from pushing drugs, which allows me to give my family a
high standard of living, justifies the harm my activities do to others. And
this is just two parameters. Where would you stand if you were approached by
Pablo Escobar (real situation) and offered a well payed job defending the
Escobar cocaine production cartel. The pay
 is good -- heaps more than you'd get growing potatoes. But there is another
consideration -- he'll kill you if you decline his offer.
Yes there will be those working for NASA who just don't give a damn so long as
they are paid regularly. Of course they will be happy to accept promotion. I'd
guess every bishop in unguarded moments sees himself in a cardinal's hat. But
I'm very confident that those who seek work at NASA and ESA and several other
similar organisations have a high expectation that they will be engaged in
worthwhile groundbreaking pursuits. Additionally, their rewards do not come
from the commercial exploitation of others -- "Have I got a deal for you --
it's only $19.95 and all your friends will be jealous!!! -- the rewards come
from receiving new data from the far flung regions of our neighbourhood in
space.
Now concerning science. I suggest that the fundamentalist motivation in denying
the success of the space program has nothing whatever to do with scientific
disagreement. It springs from an the unwillingness to accept that the
fundamentalist position could be wrong.

Get the World's number 1 free email service.
http://mail.yahoo.com.au