[geocentrism] Re: Climate change

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 22:08:35 +0000 (GMT)

JA
My crtique of you, In short is, you fall to see in yourself that which you are
most critical of in others..
Many years ago, one of those events occurred to me which you remember always as
a point of departure. I was in a social setting among peers, when I observed
one of these people do or say -- I cannot now recall the details -- something
which struck me as particularly irritating. At almost the same moment, an
association formed in my mind "Hey wait -- you've been guilty of that!" In that
moment, I resolved that whenever I was irritated by someone else's action, I
would immediately perform a quick self audit. I found to my embarrassment that
this process revealed numerous such occasions. I still find such occasions
after all those years, but I am sure that my persona has improved by whatever
small degree.
The Science Establishment is your God and Scientists your priests. Once a
subject is defined by your priests, you fall lock-step behind them, until they
change there minds, then you do to. Prove me wrong! What of modern science do
you question or seriously doubt? Anything?
Did you read this? Did you understand it? If you did then I have difficulty
understanding your comment unless you are accusing me of either delusion or
dishonesty.
My OCD defines religion (in part) as " Human recognition of superhuman
controlling power and especially of a personal God entitled to obedience,
effect of such recognition on conduct and mental attitude". I do not see
science meeting this definition. (Emphasis added).
There are many things in modern science I do not understand and on these I have
no opinion. Of those things which I think I do understand, I can't think of
anything with which I disagree. It is not a crime or a sin or even a
shortcoming to agree with someone because you find his argument convincing.
Would you be less critical of me if I confessed to believing that gravity is a
fraud -- the reason a stone falls to earth is because it longs to be reunited
with its origin? Now tell me -- since I have answered your question -- is there
anything in your philosophical sphere with which you disagree?
Finally, you clearly disagree with me on many things yet you fail to engage on
any point which I make an effort to explain. I don't understand why. No matter.
The one thing I asked you to do however was to read a single page at this site
http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0033-5770%28199012%2965%3A4%3C447%3ADYISG%3E2.0.CO%3B2-X&size=LARGE&origin=JSTOR-enlargePage
 Again you failed to engage. Did you read it? If not, I ask it of you again, as
a personal favour -- please read it, in the context of the point I was making,
and engage with me, however briefly, on your impressions.

How would you spend $50,000 to create a more sustainable environment in
Australia? Go to Yahoo!7 Answers and share your idea.
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/aunz/lifestyle/answers/y7ans-babp_reg.html