[geocentrism] Re: Circular arguments

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 20:44:42 +0000 (GMT)

Allen D

OK - now you're engaging!

First -- read this again. You will see that I did not say that you said it, I
said that I had said it.
"A long time ago, on the subject of circular arguments, I asked you if a
statement of the form -- "We know that God is true because the Bible tells us
so. And how can we be sure that the Bible tells us the truth? Because it is
God's word!" is a circular argument or not."You absolutely ignored the question
then and subsequently and I'm quite sure you will do it again now.
Paul, I never made that argument.......you got the wrong guy on that
one.....yes, not only is that a circular argument......but I don't even argue
that the bible is "The word of God"...... did I answer you fully enough......?

Yes, a perfect answer. If only you had addressed the issue two years ago when
it was asked as part of a wider debate, I'd have a -- slightly -- different
opinion of you. I say slightly because you have a lot of other strikes against
you and I'm going to dredge a few up to show you what I mean and to illustrate
just why you are such an infuriating fellow to talk with regardless of your
intellect and your knowledge.

Thanks for the .pdf -- I'll try to look at it in the next day or two. A quick
scan has not made your position stronger in my eyes but that could change. I do
have a somewhat insurmountable problem here though in that I suspect that the
greater part of it will be incomprehensible to me but at least I can follow the
narrative. In this you are your own worst enemy -- even if you are talking
sense, most people would be unable to discern that and that is the cause of my
comments to this effect in a recent post whether or not I understand the nature
of the subject you are attempting to force feed me with.

It's 20 minutes before seven in the morning -- I've got to get some sleep.

Paul D