[geocentrism] Re: Celestial Poles Talk

  • From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 14:27:06 -0800

Jack,

Just answering the technical questions in your post. Sorry for the delay.

The way the stars should look is almost exactly like the image shown in the lecture, with the pole being the south ecliptic pole and the time period being 1 year. Perhaps I ought to have said in the lecture that the clearest way of proving that this is not the case is the fact that the celestial pole is always in the same place. In fact, this was well known from way before the time of Kopernik, since navigation is based upon it.

As for the angle between the pole star and the World at six-monthly intervals, this is indeed extremely small, but is a parallax issue, rather than a rotation axis issue.