[geocentrism] Re: Celestial Poles

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:27:02 -0800 (PST)

Regner Trampedach <art@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Allen,
1) What is an angular view?!?!?
2) Positions of objects in the sky, are all angles.
I think you agree on this, but just a clarification for the rest
of the forum

- Regner
Good question..look at the following attached diagrams..  There is a difference
between a angular view of some part of the night sky and being in rotation at a
given angle, in this case perpendicular to the celestial axis. ( angular
displacement/path).  The solar pizza should give everyone a clear understanding
of scale such that the earth's celestial axis from winter to summer is only
looking in the same direction all year.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quoting Allen Daves :

PNG image

PNG image