[geocentrism] Re: Celestial Poles

  • From: Regner Trampedach <art@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:42:02 +1100

Allen Daves,

  Your post a far too long - I would much appreciate if you could tighten
up your writing a bit.
  My replies interspersed below.

Quoting Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Most of the diagrams here have been updated with one completly new one

Thanks - doesn't change anything, though - which I guess is also your point.

>   Regner & All,
>
>   You state: "I don't get your arguments - there are too many pieces
> missing." this is in essense the cental and key issue i am pointing out to
> you in all my comments about your argument(s).

I believe I have included all pieces of information necessary for under-
standing my posts and my figures.

>   We agree that looking in a different direction does not make a rotation
> disappear.

Good.

> I?m waiting for you to address the diagrams I gave you that
> clearly show the rotation ( by a definition that we agreed to)#1 & 11 not
> only around the celestial axis ( that was never in dispute) but also around
> the ecliptic axis.

I have told you before, that they don't.
What are those numbers referring to?

> Simply having one does not prevent the other.

As a matter of fact - if you want both axes to keep their orientation in space
- the celestial axis always pointing to (approximately) the North Star, and
the ecliptic axis always being perpendicular to the ecliptic - then you simply
CANNOT have ROTATION around BOTH axes.
  In the corrected Fig.3:
    //www.freelists.org/archives/geocentrism/11-2007/gif2i1Q7CRrw2.gif
I have shown you exactly what it would look like with
ROTATION around both axes. PLEASE take a look at that figure again. You keep
telling me that it doesn't show your view of the HC model - but it does.
  You cannot have the rotation around the ecliptic without screwing up the
rotation around the celestial axis

> And if it
> does then the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate how. I have already
> show how and you even agreed.

You have stated some self-contradictory things in the past and I have pointed
out which parts I agree with - you have actually never commented on any of
that, but just latch on to the part I agree on.

> Your animations show effects that are either irrelevant to my argument...

Well, I'm afraid I just showed you the HC view - if that is irrelevant to
you, then I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

> or ignores the altogether a path that produces a
> radial orientation of the fixed camera over the course of a year to the
> ecliptic.

Yes - because there isn't such a thing! It is neither a part of the
HC model or part of reality.
  Besides - you didn't recognize it when I showed it to you in the
corrected Fig.3:
    //www.freelists.org/archives/geocentrism/11-2007/gif2i1Q7CRrw2.gif

>   1.. I stated that in making your arguments you are not applying the
> definition of rotation consistently.

Yes I do.

> We agreed that regardless of the path a
> body takes, a progressive radial orientation to a common point, is/ will
> constituent a rotation...

Yes - I agree.

> or rotational effect. (See attached diagram)#13-2;

This "rotational effect" thing you have invented doesn't clarify things if
you don't define it. Please, can you just stick to rotation - or at least
use language that is commonly agreed upon - there is plenty to choose from.

> 15-3& 15-2 Although you keep asserting that there is no rotation around the
> ecliptic,

I do.
What are those numbers referring to?

> I show you that there clearly is at 24 hour intervals a radial
> orientation to the ecliptic axis regaurdless of the time it takes the earth
> to spin on its axis.

No - you have shown that the projection onto the ecliptic plane looks like
that.
  If you would please take Ani.2 seriously and realize that it exactly
addresses your question - and please don't dismiss me quite yet.
  I put the green line out along the equatorial plane, because you were
looking for a "radial condition". You still haven't defined what this
"radial condition" is, but my best shot, is that it means that:
   "you can form a straight line that goes between the centre of the
    Earth, the Sun, and a a fixed point (latitude and longitude) on Earth."
* Your assertion is that such a line can be formed every 24 hours.
* I am showing you that you can't - it will only work twice a year at the
  equinoxes.
* The pink line between the centres of the Earth and the Sun, obviously
  changes latitude (where it enters Earth) during the year. Exactly as I
  stated in my post.
* If you were to be correct, then the pink line should enter the Earth at
  the exact same latitude and longitude every 24 hours. It doesn't.

> The camera translates only on one of its axis, & one of
> its axis only, towards the celestial axis.

Eh, a translation does not involve an axis...
Something being moved in a circle around an axis, does not move
towards or away from that axis. That's the definition of a circle...

> The camera still rotates on the
> ecliptic plane itself.

In which case it can't be fixed to the Earth.

> ( crosswise, sideways, crosswise. on the ecliptic plane around the
> ecliptic axis).

I have no idea what that means..?..

> The rotation is not limited to the celestial
> axis it also just as in the case of a orbital sander v a circular sander it
> also rotates around the ecliptic axis, period.

Because of English being my second language, I'm not sure what an orbital
sander is - if it is what I think it is, then it would only support my
argument.

> I show it in a diagram and it is a accurate depiction of what takes place.

If only you could tell me which diagram you refer to...

> If looking in another direction does not make
> a rotation or rotational effect disappear then the only argument as of yet
> you have attempted to make is in fact not a argument or demonstration at all,
> but merely an assertion that there is no rotation around the ecliptic!?

Nope. I have done my best to tell you why.

>   A. Now first of all you have not disagreed with the depictions of the
> diagrams I gave you.

I have told you that your first figure of this post (two plots) are
projections on a plane - the ecliptic, which means that you miss the point
that a line (camera, umbrella, alligator I don't care what) sticking out
from a fixed pointed on Earth, will NOT stay in the ecliptic plane - rather
it will stay in the equatorial plane.
  Your projections onto the ecliptic means that your top two plots of
this post, correspond to a top-view of your very bottom figure of this post.
The one with the title "This is NOT HC & THE TWO ARE NOT EQUIVALENT!"
- the title, of course, we agree on.
  Despite the title, this is what you show in your very first two figures
of this post.

> ( For good reason..you cannot demonstrate that the
> conditions i show don?t exist just as shown, rather you attempt opt argue
> their meaning. It is in that endeavor I demonstrate your inconsistency and
> contradiction of terms)

I'll quietly ignore those assumptions and insinuations about me.

>   B. You attempt to use some standard of "rotation" that is either entirely
> inconsistent with what was already agreed to.

No.

> Now the diagrams are pretty
> self explanatory. I show a fixed camera on the equator looking at the
> celestial axis.
> Since the earth spins around that celestial axis at the
> equator, the camera will always point to the celestial axis.

Absolutely correct (well, a celestial pole, obviously - not the axis).

> Thus the cameras
> orientation to the night sky is know throughout the whole experiment. The
> camera cannot and will not rotate out of that position ever.

Absolutely correct.
But then we agree, and there is only one axis of rotation!
- the celestial axis.

> The transnational motion of the camera

Hmmm, I guess that precludes a camera that is fixed on Earth...

> to the celestial axis only applies to the
> cameras "x" axis.

That doesn't make sense.
  It is the whole Earth, including camera, that is performing a continuous
translational motion.
  That motion is in the ecliptic plane. You have one
axis, the Y-axis, in the ecliptic plane. It takes two axes to define (span)
a plane if the axis are in that plane.

> It?s x axis to the celestial axis (see attached diagram.)

It only takes one axis to define a plane perendicular to that axis.
Your X-axis (the celestial axis) defines the equatorial plane and
your Z-axes lies in that plane.

> #15-3 The camera unequivocally rotates as a function of y & z vectors

Your statement doesn't make sense, and is therefore not unequivocal.
The rotation is around your X-axis (= the celestial axis). Your Z-axis
is in the equatorial plane, as defined by your X-axis.

> which lie on the ecliptic plane.

Only the Y-axis is in the ecliptic plane.

>   2. You claim:........."Taking snapshots every tropical (solar) day
> (24h00m), just means you are taking pictures at an incrementing phase of the
> daily rotation whose real period is 23h56m - the sidereal (stellar) day. For
> Each day, you let the Earth rotate for 4 more minutes before taking a
> picture. A year of that will complete a full ROTATION around the celestial
> axis"
>   A. This issue was never in question, nor is it even relevant.

This is were I get thoroughly lost.
You are concerned about what happens to a camera, fixed on Earth, pointing
in a fixed direction with respect to Earth, and when I tell you what happens
to that camera I am dismissed as being irrelevant!
I think it's time for me to get back to work.
  Allen, please read my replies and try to understand. We have hashed through
this same stuff so many times now.

   Regner