[geocentrism] Re: Catching up with PM

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 19:41:29 +0000 (GMT)

Neville J

Well I may have missed something -- I'll wait for Robert's response. But in the
mean time, let me explain to you how I see it. If the Earth is rotating on an
axis, then at the equator, a point is moving at ~1000mph. At the same time, if
the Earth is revolving around the Sun at ~66000 mph, then the spot on the
equator is moving at the vector sum of the orbital velocity and the equatorial
velocity -- the extremities being 66000 + 1000 and 66000 - 1000 mph which occur
at spot midnight and spot midday respectively. When the orbital spot lies on
the Earth orbit -- either leading or lagging (dawn or dusk) -- then the spot is
moving at 66000 +/- 0 mph. (I'm ignoring the effects of axial tilt and assuming
circular orbits and all the usual simplifying stuff). It's just a tiny leap to
LEO and ~18000mph vs ~ 1000mph.

Now to the spurious bit. The time of launch is in no physical way tied to the
time of leaving LEO and entering the Hohmann orbit. The vehicle could spend a
month in LEO if the mission planners found it convenient. They'd have to answer
to the accountants and financial planners however if they had designed the
mission to enter the Hohmann orbit at a time when the Sun relative velocity was
66000 - 18000 mph.