[geocentrism] Re: Calendar query

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:54:43 +0100 (BST)

Robert,

Yours was a fine posting, and you obviously took time
and trouble to prepare it. However, the point you make
about people forming splinter groups because they have
different interpretations of this Scripture or that
Scripture, would not arise to anything like the extent
it does if the Scriptures were interpreted literally
in the first instance.

There is reasoning to be done from the Scriptures,
which is how we all arrived at the fact that the Bible
tells us that the World does not rotate on an "axis,"
but we arrived at that conclusion by taking the
Scriptures we were studying literally (Jos., Hab.,
etc.)

In my opinion, therefore, Allen's position on this is
the correct one.

I understand that you are happy with the
interpretation you have found, but would you consider
the possibility of another solution? IF not, then fair
enough, but it would be better for the forum as a
whole if we can agree on issues like this one.

Yours in Christ,

Neville.