[geocentrism] Re: Calendar query

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 16:44:43 -0800 (PST)

Here is Understanding.....

Mark 15:42 And now when the "even was come", "because it was the preparation,
that is, the day before the sabbath," 43. Joseph of Arimathaea, an honourable
counsellor, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly
unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus. And Pilate marvelled if he were
"already dead:"

Notice Jesus is already dead in the MORNING, which is the day before the
Sabbaths day of preparation, because the evening is considered a new day; the
day of preparation.

Mark 16:1 And when the "sabbath was past", Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother
of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint
him.

Morning of The First day of the week follows evening So the scripture is
plainly stating............

In the morning Christ Dead. (Evening, night, Morning of the day of Preparation)
(evening, night, morning of Sabbath) (evening, night, morning of First day of
Week) Christ is Risen in the Morning.

Three days and Three nights.

As for Matthew 27:62 Now the next day, that followed the day of the
preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate,

63. Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive,
After three days I will rise again.

64. Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest
his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is
risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.

65. Pilate said unto them, Ye have a watch: go your way, make it as sure as ye
can.

   So they went, and made the sepulchre sure, sealing the stone, and setting a
watch.

Notice It dose not say "it was the next day" it says "the next day that
followed the day of preparation" which is the Sabbath. They were more concerned
with Jesus being dead then they were their own law by which they had falsely
accused Jesus in order to kill him in the first place.

Allen

"Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Allen, Carl,

I have decided that this issue is extremely relevant to geocentrism, so please
keep your discussions open to us all.

The Scriptures do say that the sign will be Christ's placement in a memorial
tomb for three days and three nights, as Allen and I have pointed out -

(Jonah 1:17 KJV) Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah.
And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.
(Mat 12:38-40 KJV) Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered,
saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. But he answered and said unto
them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall
no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: For as Jonas was
three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be
three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

- so we do need to reach a concensus and an understanding of how this fits in
with the Biblical calendar.

Best wishes,

Neville.

Allen Daves wrote:
Carl,

I usually try to avoid these conversations as they tend to become endless
debates among academics. However, I will just say that the scripture is clear
,plain & it is easily understood with out any difficult reading, if you accept
it the same way that you might " the Sun Stood still". I will not continue this
here, as you are right. We will just take away from this forum. I would be
happy to discuss it with you otherwise.

Allen