[geocentrism] Re: Angular momentum

  • From: Mike <mboyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 03:24:59 +0100

Dear Neville,

 >> You STILL haven't responded to my last post regarding your "proof"
 >> of  the incorrectness of heliocentrism regarding the celestial
 >> poles.

 > note that this is because I have no intention of responding to
 > someone who is simultaneously posting ridicule on BadAstronomy about
 > this, or any related, subject.

Since I rejoined this forum and apologized for my rather harsh judgement
of you previously I have only posted, verbatim, an argument I posted on
this forum and this:

 > He is quite polite and willing to discuss his ideas in sceintific
 > terms with his critics, and he is capable of understanding them too
 > which is a plus.
 >
 > What keeps drawing people's attention to him is that he keeps
 > publishing "scientific proofs" that the heliocentric model is wrong
 > and it can be quite good fun trying to find the misdirections.
 >
 > More importantly though, left unchallenged, other creationists cite
 > him as part of the scientific evidence against heliocentrism. Trying
 > to explain to them why his claims are not scientific is virtually
 > impossible because they don't really understand the "proofs" in the
 > first place.
 >
 > Look at the number of people still claiming that the heliocentric
 > model does not agree with the observed solar eclipse (although it did
 >  reduce radically once Dr Jones retracted his paper).

I don't think these comments are any harsher than some of yours.

If something is mathematically flawed then opinion doesn't come in to
it.  I believe I have demonstrated that your proof that the heliocentric
model is inconsistent is indead flawed.  I find it rather too
coincidental to be credible that you have made this decision based on
what I have posted on BA at this point in the discussion.  I simply do
not believe that if you could refute my last post on that topic that you
would hold back in doing so.

Sincerely,
Mike.