[geocentrism] Re: Aether effects

  • From: "Martin G. Selbrede" <mselbrede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:08:39 -0500

On Apr 23, 2007, at 2:55 PM, Martin G. Selbrede wrote:

Furthermore, celestial objects do not exhibit uniform rectilinear motion, rather their velocities are constantly changing.

I think I'll address this comment, as it appears to stem from a misunderstanding of a point I made. I said that the Markov-type aether resists changes in velocity. I didn't say that such aethers forbid changes in velocity. The constant of proportionality that determines this resistance to change is well known -- you can see it in the equation F = ma. The extent to which "their velocities are constantly changing" satisfies, and does not defy, my contention. I assumed that I didn't need to explicitly state this anymore than I already had when I said that the Newtonian dynamics were preserved. "Uniform rectilinear motion" is, in fact, preserved "unless acted on by another force," which we can take in the widest possible sense to include collisions, gravitation, magnetic force, etc. The point is that the Markov aether does not give rise to any kinematic predictions that differ from what we currently observe. In other words, it is fully consistent with observation. There are no observations that contradict or undermine it, least of all the circumstance that celestial objects don't exhibit uniform rectilinear motion.

Martin S