[geocentrism] Re: Acceleration calcs

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 14:12:44 +0000 (GMT)

Allen D
In file order -
From Allen Daves Thu Mar 27 20:29:09 2008 Re: Acceleration calcs CHATTER
......"What!?......I’ve cut your arms and legs off"...."tis but a flesh
wound.......come her and I shall naw(chew) thy leg off..."
Monty Python’s "Search for The Holy Grail"
The diversions get more and more fanciful. Is Monty Python your best reference?
From Allen Daves Thu Mar 20 16:29:05 2008 Re: Acceleration calcs
You are obviously confussed about a great deal........After further searches
for unequivocal evidence that you do indeed claim that acceleration caused by
gravity can be measured internal to the body being accelerated -- free fall --
I submit the following (relevant portion shown in (my addition) italics) -
(bold and underline courtesy of AD)
Yes Allen, I admit to being confused about many things, but the behaviour of an
accelerometer in free fall, whether undergoing acceleration due to gravity or
not, is not among them. And despite your general appeal to others on the
subject -
From Allen Daves Wed Mar 19 15:34:16 2008 Re: acceleration calcs
'Does anyone else not get it?'
... it would appear from the lack any response, that no one else is confused
about this matter either. You seem to be alone.
For reference, the passage alluded to above I reproduce here -
I know I was in part piggy backing ..........but for good reason ;-)... my
point was that description does not describe the earth's orbit at all because
the acceleration rate must change. The calcs we provided were only the average
or mean acceleration rate not the constant rate. The earth's orbit demands
changes in acceleration rates and that is what we are looking for and that is
what can be measured and what we should expect to be measured. This is part of
my thesis for why acceleration and gravity are not one and the same
thing....gyroscopes operate primarily on the gravitational forces within any
given gravitational field where acceleration is a change only wrt the ARF. My
arguments are pointing to the fact that even though the gyroscope may not be
able to detect a translational motion of a body the acceleration rate of that
same body and in fact any motion of any body period can and is detected even
within the earth's gravitational field.
Now that you have acknowledged that your position is as I have described --
namely that an accelerometer in free fall and undergoing acceleration by
gravity will register that acceleration -- in these terms -
ABSOLUTLY!? Paul, I went one step further, it is not a "claim", it is a fact of
reality in any and every ref frame you can create! & I NEVER, EVER SUGGERSTED
OTHERWISE.....!?
... we can return to the matter at hand which is that you have resolutely
avoided facing up to the consequences of your claim -- ' ... it is a fact of
reality ... ' -- namely that an accelerometer is incapable of registering its
own acceleration.
I therefore put the question to you a second time.
Proposition -- an accelerometer can be used to show increasing and decreasing
velocity -- acceleration -- of a body in elliptical orbit about its primary.
Setting -- the Universe consists of our Solar System's star (Sol) and a
space-worthy vehicle (the vehicle) in an elliptical orbit of semi major axis
150 * 10^9 m
The space-worthy vehicle consists of a 1 kg sphere of lead equipped with an
accelerometer and painted red.
Accelerometer -- two types -
Type One consists of a reference mass suspended by a spring or springs, the
extension and/or compression of which are an analogue of any acceleration
experienced.
Type Two consists of a reference mass external to the vehicle and having a
start velocity identical with that of the vehicle. The distance between the
vehicle and the reference mass, and the elapsed time, is measured on board the
vehicle for the purpose of calculating acceleration.
We will use the Type Two accelerometer which consists of a 1 kg sphere of lead
painted green.
At apogee (t = 0) with a distance of 100 m separating the vehicle and the
reference mass (the red and green spheres respectively) we begin the inward
half of the orbit translation.
Task -- explain, demonstrate, calculate or in some other manner show, at
perigee, whether the red sphere has gained upon, lost to, or maintained
position relative to, the green sphere.
I have searched this thread for posts from you containing the words 'green' and
'red' but there are none such. Despite your claims, you have not addressed the
issue. Note that future posts containing 'red' and/or 'green' will have to be
relevant if they are to count.

www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail