[geocentrism] Re: A geocentric proof.

  • From: Regner Trampedach <art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:13:54 +1100

philip madsen wrote:

So far none has found reason to fault my contention and reasoning  posted last week,

Sorry - haven't had time.

that the magnetic field does not rotate axially with the physical material of the magnet. I admit the experiment has not been done, but I am extremely confident that the simple experiment will prove it.

Consider the case where the magnet is a coil carrying a DC current. The field through the empty axis of the coil is identical to that in a steel rod. The electrons flowing in the coil are moving near light speed.

Eh - no. The speed of the electrons is about 1 mm/s in a typical
copper-wire - that is pretty slow!
What does propagate at an appreciable fraction of the speed of
light is the signal; When you close a circuit and charges start to
move in one end of the circuit, electrons all the way through to
the other end of the circuit will feel that disturbance and move.

Analogy:   The wind corresponds to the actual movement of
                  electrons.
                  The propagation of sound in air, correspond to the
                  propagation of the electrical signal.

Is it reasonable to presume any rotation of the coil axially would make any noticeable difference to the fields position, or cause it to rotate with the coil?

Yes.
Example: You have a stationary magnet, be it electro- or static.
                 It produces (almost) a dipole field (as does a bar-magnet)
                 but there is a bump in the field on one side.
                 When you rotate that magnet on the axis of the dipole,
                 you will see the bump in the field rotate along with the
                 thing in the magnet that causes the bump.
This fact is exploited in electro-motors, generators and dynamoes.
If the direction of a magnetic field has nothing to do with the
orientation of the magnet, - well, then you don't have a magnet.
How does a compass work...?...

To do so would imply a different effect on the field strength were the coil being rotated with the electrons or contra them.

No. The speed of the electrons would still be relative to the wire.
That doesn't change when the wire moves. But you will, of course,
have stronger centrifugal forces acting on the electrons, but the
electrostatic forces are so much stronger.
  That picture would change a lot, however, if we could spin the
coil so fast that the speed of the wire would be similar to the speed
of propagation of the electric signal - but I'm afraid I don't know, at
the top of my head, what would happen.

There is so much evidence to the contrary.

I agree with that.

On that premise, I will proced with the proof that the world does not spin or rotate.

The world as a sphere represents a magnet having poles, and in all respects is no different to a rod or DC coil magnet with an axial field. Whether the world physically rotates or not, this field is stationary in space.

Okay - let's just assume that for a moment...

Therefore if the world physically rotates, conductors moving with it will react by having magnetically induced voltages.

No they won't. It's a dipole field so it is symmetric around the axis
that you rotate - that means the field does not change. Induction
only happens when you have a change of the magnetic field.
  This experience is summarized in Faraday's law (or the law of
induction):   Faraday's law of induction
If your right-hand side is zero, your left-hand-side will be zero too:
No change of the magnetic field, means no induction of an electric
field.

The equator is the best place to demonstrate this, due to the speed factor.

Yes. If your field actually changed there, during a rotation.

    Regner

The difficulty of proof was the Faraday riddle interference with measuuring leads, based upon a presumption that the field did rotate with the magnet.  Our proof that the field is static in space has removed this obstacle. I will, with as simple as possible diagrams, demonstrate how. Keep in mind . The magnetic field in all cases (diagrams below)  is to be considered as not spinning, stationary regardless of what the world is doing. Only an axial wobble would make it move axially.

The basic principle on which our analysis is based. Fig.1

Next we replace a single wire with a single turn coil as shown , fig 2 In this diagram the coil is not rotating.

Fig. 2

See the view from space above the coil.

Fig. 3.

Now we come back to earth and look at this coil from behind its alleged direction of motion, the observer on the equator.

Fig.4.

Remember the sampling by the meter is taken only at this instant or position of the rotating coil to avoid any sine wave variations, reading only the peak voltage.

T refers to the north leg, and B refers to the south leg. Here T is moving towards you at a speed equal to the worlds movement away from you, hence the relative speed to the magnetic field is zero.

The shaft or M lead is travelling at equatorial velocity and generates a voltage E plus at the top. Whereas B is moving at a speed equal to twice the equatorial velocity, cutting the field at twice the speed. This gets twice the voltage 2E. giving a net reading on the Meter  of E.

Lets now see what the reading would be if indeed the world is NOT spinning. No equatorial velocity.

Fig. 5.

From this diagram it can be seen that we have the standard AC motor action, a static field and a static rotor that is rotating in the cross-field. The voltages will be equal in T and B but opposite in polarity, because they are cutting the field in opposite directions/ the meter lead has no motion and will now be able to read a normal AC voltage if connected continuously.

Conclusion:  Given that we may accept the field is not rotating but static in space around the world, any vertical coil rotating at any known speed on the equator  or other latitudes, will generate a calculable verifiable AC sine wave voltage.  The reading would be quite different in both wave form and voltage if the world was spinning.

My "graphic interface" with my brain is not all too good, so I’d appreciate it if anyone finds a flaw.

Philip