[geocentrism] A few comments

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 00:55:14 +0100 (BST)

Dear All,

Rob Glover was reinstated on Monday, bringing to a close his 10-day suspension.
I hope that this concludes the matter.

My apologies for not looking at e-mails for many days, but I have been busy
programming my latest (i.e., second) attempt at disproving heliocentrism. It
continues to look promising.

Jack asked:
1 When scientists are talking about 'mass' with respect to gravity, does
density fit into this in any way?

2 What exactly do we know for sure about gravity, and how much is
postulated?

To which I would reply,

1. Gravity is a force that acts on mass. This produces what we call 'weight' -
as measured on your bathroom scales! Density is just a measure of mass per unit
volume. For instance, if you cram a larger amount of something into a
particular container, the density inside the container will increase. Hence, in
the presence of a gravitational field, the weight of the container and its
contents will also increase. Notice that the Sun's supposed gravitational field
would only act upon light if light had mass. Hence, although a photon's rest
mass is taken as being zero, its mass when moving is assumed to be non zero.

2. Outside of the terrestrial laboratory (and discounting NASA claims to the
contrary) very little is known about the World's gravitational field and
nothing is known of its cause.

Neville.

"There is this great difference between the works of men and the works of God,
that the same minute and searching investigation, which
displays the defects and imperfections of the one, brings out also the beauties
of the other." - Alexander Hislop, "The Two Babylons."

Website  www.midclyth.supanet.com