[geocentrism] Re: 666

  • From: Martin Selbrede <mselbrede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 00:50:26 -0500

On May 24, 2007, at 12:12 AM, Allen Daves wrote:

Bad times for sure.... but i am interested and trying to draw the attention to a more direct correlation of scripture

Funny, that's what I was doing! The direct correlation has to do with the REBUILDING of the street and wall that Daniel predicted and that Nehemiah completed. You think the direct correlation isn't tied to the rebuilt wall, but to the term "troublous time." As I said before, the English word "troublous" doesn't appear but once in the KJV, so there IS no exact match for you. I have an exact match in regard to the rebuilding of Jerusalem's walls, though. I also illustrated that Daniel chapters 10-12 occurred years after Gabriel delivered God's answer to Daniel's prayer concerning the city Jerusalem. Earlier, you kept quoting Dan. 11:1 without paying attention to the fact that it was in the middle of a speech that the angel began to speak to Daniel in the 3rd year of Cyrus (the speech starts in chapter 10, continues into chapter 11, but is one continuous unbroken statement by the angel --- he is merely providing a historic detail as to when he first began to respond to Daniel's petitions).

Therefore, the associations being the same

But I reject that the associations are the same -- at least in the convoluted way you approach these passages. I'd have had more confidence in your position if you hadn't glitched so bad by extracting the wrong time period by misunderstanding Dan. 11:1, but once this error was manifest, you pretty much lost me.

Now, there MAY be possible associations, but this broad brush assertion doesn't cut it -- especially when premised on a wrong date for the emanation of the prophecy. The sequence was NOT all delivered in the same year, as you asserted. But you've three times reasserted the same error. I'm kind of hoping I won't see Dan. 11:1 requoted -- wrongly -- a fourth time in support of the unsupportable. You need to get a contextual head-start to know what Dan. 11:1 means -- you have to start reading the passage beginning at 10:1. I'm starting to think you're deliberately avoiding this, because you routinely -- and apparently deliberately -- leave out Dan. 10 when you discuss the question. It might be okay for horses to wear blinkers to run a race, but nobody should shut out the testimony of the verses leading up to a target verse. It's bad form.

Martin

P.S. You cited, with obvious approval, your use of the Septuagint. You're aware that I don't trust the Septuagint. I gave the example of its alteration of Job 38:22. Well, now, here is something even more alarming. I'm going to show you the Hebrew, then the Septuagint Greek, for Daniel 9:25. Pay close attention:

HEBREW: Know therefore and discern that from the going forth of a commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto an anointed one, a prince, shall be seven weeks: and threescore and two weeks, it shall be built again, with street and moat, even in distress of times.

SEPTUAGINT: And thou shalt know and meditate over, and shalt be gladdened, and shalt find commands to be answered, and shalt build Jerusalem a city to the Lord.

You'll note that the Septuagint doesn't leave a single clause of the original Hebrew intact. The various weeks for calculating the chronology of the prophecy have disappeared. The Messiah has been removed from the verse. The words "even in troublous times" have been omitted.

So, tell me again: why did you bother to follow the Septuagint, when it is so miserable a guide to what God wrote?