[geocentrism] Re: 12 Angry Men

  • From: "Jack Lewis" <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 18:10:09 +0100

Dear Neville,
I was just re-reading this posting when I suddenly remembered the name of the
teenager in the film. His name was Angel Shavez. I think he was Hispanic in
some way perhaps Puertorican.

Jack
  You must recall the truly excellent study of male behaviour and prejudice in
the film, "12 Angry Men." Remember how Henry Fonda stands alone to start with
against all of the other 11 jury members. What does he say to them? "I know the
kid's innocent"? No. He actually says, "Perhaps he's guilty, perhaps not, I
don't know. It certainly looks as though he's guilty."

  On trial for murder is an 18-year-old kid, whose name we are not even told.
Henry Fonda's character in the film wants everyone to talk about the case and
think for themselves for just one hour, because the life of someone that none
of them has met depends upon it. All hell then breaks loose, because the case
is apparently "as clear as the nose on your face."