[geocentrism] Re: 12 Angry Men

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocentrism list" <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 07:46:58 +1000

Your being obstropolis with language  Robert.  It will take me time to answer
the contradictions.  In the mean time, I ask you, how can one who has no heart
or emotional feelings, obey your interpretation below. You failed to understand
what I wrote.

But this comment from you shines out for easy quick response.

Charity alone?  Then how would contemplative monks isolated from the world
affirm their faith?

Because of faulty language skills, and the confusion separating "love" from
charity, as though it was a feeling.

The entire world seems to get this teaching re Charity (meaning love)  wrong.
1Cor 13: 13 And now there remain faith, hope and charity, these three: but the
greatest of these is charity. 1 Tim 1- 5 Now the end of the commandment is
charity from a pure heart, and a good conscience, and an unfeigned faith.

1 John:4-8 He that loveth not knoweth not God: for God is charity. 9 By this
hath the charity of God appeared towards us. 11 My dearest, if God hath so
loved us, we also ought to love one another. 2 John:1-6 And this is charity:
That we walk according to his commandments. John 15;12 This is my commandment,
that you love one another, as I have loved you.

And how did Jesus love us? He answers in the very next verse,

13 Greater love than this no man hath, that a man lay down his life for his
friends.

Now without actually committing suicide, what did the contemplative monks do,
but give up their life for the whole world?

Another example about Love as God intends we should exercise it as an act of
the will, as I told it once to another.

If you as a father who could not swim seeing your child fall into the deep
water, without thinking, dived into the river to attempt a rescue; this is
natural or ordinary love. It is an emotional reaction that even the pagan has.
If a stranger walking by who could not swim, knowing the full risk, dived in to
save the child; this is an act of charity or true love, an act of the will.

But if you were this mans enemy, and yet he jumped into the river to save you
and the child, this becomes almost perfect love. Only one further requirement
would be necessary to make it perfect. That his prime motive was to save you
for God.

Philip