[GeoStL] Re: www.geocaching.com is down

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 21:03:01 -0500

-
From Jeremy Irish, at 3:55pm today:
"Well, it seems that the dreaded Server Too Busy
 error has reared his ugly head. It's one of those
 beasts that, like a bad horror movie, seems to
 jump up again right when the heroine of the
 tale is sure that it is finally dead.

Unfortunately it's also one of those issues that
 has been hard to sort out. We believe it may
 have to do with how memory for the web
 servers are handling cache data, but nothing
 has been proven. Ultimately we tweaked the
 server several times today which has been
 causing additional delay times, but it seems
 to be up and fine now.

We'll continue to monitor the site over the next
 few days and see what else we can do to
 alleviate the issue. Thanks for your patience
 during this process."

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=146938&st=0&#entry2529396