[GeoStL] Re: well this is odd

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:22:51 -0600

- The Registry is pretty critical to Windows. If it becomes corrupt, a trip to the emergency disks may be the only option.

Glenn Nash wrote:
... and very different. Seems the desktop computer went crazy. firefox is gone, mail programs, help files, restore files, are all gone. makes the desktop pretty much useless.. Virus and spybot scans are running and finding nothing. The reg cleaner found 2000+ errors. The registry looks to be a mess.

I have shut off internet access off to the desktop, The laptop and phone are still functional.

It was fine an hour ago, now its boogered up.

very odd. might be time for a reformat. anybody seem my emergency disks?

this has never happened before.

 I might have to go get lunch and think about this one

glenn
**************************************** For List Info or To make _ANY_ changes, including unsubscribing from this list, click -----> //www.freelists.org/list/geocaching Missouri Caches Scheduled to be Archived http://tinyurl.com/87cqw