[GeoStL] Re: was LCD now Eclipse Viewing in St. Charles

  • From: "tnsl" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 23:11:06 -0600

-
We were watching the really odd looking moon earlier this week as we were driving around and realized when we got home we couldn't see the moon from our yard. So.. I went looking for something St. Louis related -- to see there were any public viewings in/around North County. I'm still looking for that but I came across this info for St. Charles public viewing:
http://www.stltoday.com/pr/local-news/PR0206080108417

St. Charles County Parks Department - At 7:30 p.m., on Wednesday, Feb. 20, at the Quail Ridge Lodge in Quail Ridge Park, the St. Charles County Parks Department will host a free public viewing of the spectacular lunar eclipse occurring that evening. The moon will enter partial eclipse at 7:43 p.m. (CST) and reach total eclipse around 9 p.m. The total phase will continue until around 10 p.m., and the eclipse will conclude around 11 p.m.

(There's more info on the link)

Too far for us to travel after obligations that don't free us up until 8:00 .. but it does sound like fun.

Nancy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Bensman" > Lunar eclipse on 2/20/2008

Moon Rise 5:29 pm
Sun Set 5:43 pm
Partial phase begins:    7:47 pm (Moon in the East) 39 degrees
Total phase begins:      9:04 pm
Time of maximum eclipse: 9:29 pm
Total phase ends:        9:54 pm (Moon in SE) 45 degrees
Partial phase ends:      11:11 pm

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

Go Obama!