[GeoStL] Re: the states are closeing in....

  • From: "Greg & Bobbi Crouch" <mo_crouchs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:03:19 -0500

-

My dad lives in Paducah KY and knows some people who were up in Land Between
The Lakes, a nature preserve, doing some caching. They ran into a park
ranger and were heavily questioned about what they were doing and when it
was all over the ranger thought it was great that there were caches out
there so people would come out and use the land. The only problem he had
with them was the fact they were on 4-wheelers and that is not allowed
there, so my guess is thaT THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE THE ABUSE OF THE RULES/LAND
which has prompted the removal of trad. caches. A little common sense can
keep the parks on our side and keep us up and running all over the country
to find that little container with the small almost worthless prizes. Isn't
it great !!!! On a positive note virtuals aren't so bad since the real prize
is getting out of the house and seeing something that would have otherwise
been unintentionaly kept a secret to everyone. Just wish GC had link to a a
list of places that did not allow traditional caches. That would sure make
things easier.
    HrehFishyFishy (  Greg  )

Subject: [GeoStL] Re: the states are closeing in....

> -
> I guess I'll ask the question that no one else seems to want to ask. Does
the Michigan/Kentucky tightening of the screws indicate a trend that should
cause worry and concern...or are they mere wrinkles that will be ironed out
over time? Anyone in the know care to speculate? Anyone not in the know care
to speculate?