[GeoStL] Re: the evil Empire

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 13:11:52 -0700 (PDT)

-
True Bruce there is the "cache box" but I guess my
point is that there is nothing else there to recommend
the spot. Most city parks are relatively boring after
you have been to a bunch in one day. They have a
walking trail....playground and maybe a lake. They
provide a little bit of outdoors in the middle of the
city or town but nothing really "scenic" or made to
recommend it to anyone else. So if we are taking the
rules they are imposing on virtual caches and apply
them to traditional caches we would have very few
caches across the country. I neither really like nor
really dislike a virtual cache and I have done my
share of them and I agree that they should have a
reason for being other than just a stop in the road
but it is only a step away from imposing "rules" on
traditional caches that I worry about. What if the
"purists" suddenly decide that a cache can only be
placed in an area where there is something to "see" or
will give the cache finder a "wow" experience. See
what I mean? I don't necessarily disagree with making
virtuals harder to set out but I don't necessarily
agree with it either. :-)

There that is vague enough I think :))

Dan (Thunder)

--- Bruce S <bruces1321@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

> Yes there is something there... a cache box.  There
> are several "park"
> caches with nothing scenic about them either... I
> have often seen as much
> wildlife/wild flowers at reststop caches as at
> others that are in parks.
> One of the things that "they" are trying to
> eliminate is reststop
> virtuals... thus there really is nothing there that
> wasn't there before.

> MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months
> FREE*.

>  Mail List FAQ's:
> //www.freelists.org/help/questions.html

Subject field