[GeoStL] Re: the evil Empire

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 12:18:33 -0700 (PDT)

-
WOW that was some discussion....and both sides raise
good points. Anyone want to hammer OUR local Admin
:-) ...Just kidding Glenn :)
I do have a question though....What is wrong with
putting a cache somewhere just to have a cache there?
I mean if you look at all the Rest stop caches there
is really nothing there worth "seeing" so the caches
are really put there to "add points" to the total and
give people a reason to stop other than to take a
restroom break. I have done a number of caches that
had no "purpose" other than getting a cacher to go
there and find it and I enjoyed them even though there
was nothing "scenic" about the area.
To me the goal of caching is to get my fat butt out of
the chair and house and into the outdoors for exercise
and fresh air....that for me is enough reason to put a
cache somewhere.

Dan (Thunder)

http://www.tampabaygeocaching.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=114

> Ya wanna watch geocaching in general and the admin
> there get beaten to a
> pulp by his "friends"?
>
> The friends their sure act differently when things
> change and "they" dont
> get elected approver. It is ugly down there and
> getting uglier. I am
> embarrassed to admit that i grew up in Fl with all
> this going on.
>
> If ya every wanted to "stick up for geocaching",
> seems this is a good place
> to start. It looks like they view Geocaching.com as
> the evil empire.
>
> Some folks here have mentioned all the problems with
> geocaching here in st.
> louis, I am glad that we do not have their kinds of
> problems.
>
> anybody care do discuss?
>
> glenn
> Glenn