[GeoStL] Re: taking over caches....

  • From: Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:26:20 -0500

-
Tylers Oak.. I posted a note on the cache back in march. On March 6th it was "Cleaned up, Found no problems with it". Since March 6th there have been 7 logs and no one mentioned any problems.

Tylers 1st.. It was damp on April 14th but there have been 3 finds since then with no mention of dampness and one mention of "Cache is still holding up"

How exactly am I supposed to justify taking someones cache when there is not sufficient document ion of problems. I guess I could just assume that there are problems and just take them?

I was out with RGS a while back and happened to come across a cache that was "full of water and now a solid block of ice" It had been that was for a long time so I archived it. Solid trash could only be left there now. When we found it there was evidence that it was wet in the past but it was now dry, the log was dry, the stuff in it was pretty OK and in pretty good shape. Hmmm, now what? The logs said that it was trashed. oops. Oh well as they say. It's already archived and has been archived for several months.

I have had my a$$ handed to me in a sack more than once at the mear suggestion that I would reassign a cache that was known missing, confirmed missing for months. The cache was archived, the owner was gone. The second I posted that the cache appears to be abandoned and may be reassigned, guess who springs to life and whailing about how unfair the whole system is and just because the cache had not been maintained or located for 6 or 8 months, it does not mean that it is abandoned... ect. Funny thing about just taking (stealing) and reassigning caches, it *really* brings out the best in folks. I can do it but it is almost always nasty.

Glenn

At 06:17 AM 7/20/2005, you wrote:

I suggested this to Glen a few months ago and offered to adopt it at the time and was told that I needed Wow4mom's permission and tried contacting her a few times with no response.

Jack Konecker <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I attempted to contact wow4mom a month ago, but no response. Haven't heard
from her or Tyler in quite some time. It's been just over a year since she
logged into gc.com last. Maybe time to invoke the mogeo 'cache rescue' program.

> From: Sara Gomer <<mailto:outdoorlady79@xxxxxxxxx>outdoorlady79@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: <mailto:geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 18:59:26 -0700 (PDT)
>
> It might not be a bad idea to have someone check on the two Tyler caches and be
> prepared to possibly have to replace/restock them. I remember a couple months
> ago reading several logs about them being wet and in need of some TLC. The
> owner hasn't been online in quite some time

Yahoo! Mail for Mobile
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=31132/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail>Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone.

---------------- Glenn, Missouri Geocachers Assoc http://www.MoGeo.com *THE* Forums for Mo & Ks. http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php?

Dave's Handy Hiding Hints http://www.ratisher.com/geocache_hiding.htm