[GeoStL] strange email

  • From: thejones crew <shitsngrins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 19:16:22 -0500

I got an email today that I am sorta wondering about. Anybody know who this is
and why they contacted me? I am attaching the whole email I received.

Hi, We are hoping to put out a multi-cache here in the UK called “The Global
Village” and want to ask a favour of you. Like most village based multi-caches
this one requires the cacher to wander around the village collecting six
numbers off buildings, park benches, milestones or counting the numbers of
windows, chimneys etc on prominent buildings. Unlike the conventional village
multi-cache we want each of the six locations to come from places far afield.
Obviously the cacher cannot physically visit the locations spread across the
world but will need to use contacts to get someone to visit on their behalf. We
are hoping it will work on the basis that anyone can contact someone anywhere
in the world in about six hops, ie one of your neighbours knows someone working
abroad who in turn knows someone in the destination country, who in turn has a
relative in the destination town etc. In this particular case the cachers will
have to use Geocaching.com to make the hops. So, the favour we have to ask of
you is this. Can you find us an interesting object in a village near you with a
significant number attached, write a clue (and the answer!) exploiting the
number (eg the number of round windows in the village hall is A), give the
location WGS84 coordinates, and the location address? We will not be citing
your username on the cache page so you will not be directly linked to the
clues. If you are kind enough to contribute and are interested in what happens
we will send you the cache number once it is out so that you can place a watch
on it. Kind regards Paul & Hilary (aka bill&ben)  User's
Profile:http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=0e9e891e-149d-429c-8789-b6e466b8bcbb

http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_messenger_052008