[GeoStL] sportrak problem

  • From: SprocketStL <sprocketstl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 17:03:52 -0800 (PST)

-
I fired up the Magellan SporTrak Map this afternoon
and got this message:

"UNIT CURRENTLY CONTAINS NO MAP!

INITIATING MAP UPLOAD"

Of course, it didn't initiate a darn thing.  Brought
it home & hooked it up to the computer, but still
couldn't get a darn thing to work.  Tried updating the
firmware (no luck).

Called Magallan support, waiting on hold for 20-30
minutes (I lost track) only to finally be transferred
and told by an automated voice that they didn't have
the appropriate staff in the support center to handle
a request for my equipment.  It was now 10 minutes
until the close of their support hours and the
Sportrak person must've gone home already.  (Grrr...)

Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be?
 I'm guessing that Magellan will have me send it in to
them (it's <1 year old) to be fixed.

Now I'm starting to think it might be time for a
backup GPS...hmm...

I appreciate any wisdom anyone can offer, and even if
you can't, I appreciate the chance to vent.

-Todd
Subject field