[GeoStL] Re: production 3.10 for Legend and Vista

  • From: GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 22:38:53 -0600

Yes, it needs to get new almanac data, just like it has never been turned on.
But that is NOT the maps, just the satellite data. Internal and Mapsource maps
should be ok since they are using different memory. It's your WP's, routes,
tracks, and any special settings your had (such as NAD27) that will be lost
because I guess the way they are stored is different now in order to get the
higher numbers.

As Bernie asked, all data needs to be backed up if you need it again. There are
lots of freeware programs out there that will do that. I use EasyGPS; if you
have Garmin Mapsource, it can backup those files too.