[GeoStL] Re: pdas

  • From: Andy Sims <yutty_666@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 03:44:16 -0800 (PST)

-

I have been using the same Palm III for years and
didn't even think of replacing it until recently when
the touch screen went goofy on me.  I still use it for
the basics, but data entry or playing solitare on it
are insane.  I do use it for paperless caching because
all I have to do is use the scroll buttons for the
most part.

I wish that Groundspeak used Weasel Reader's ztxt
format (really compressed small file size) and Weasel
is totally free (GNU Public License.)  It also reads
Aportis Documents too, which are kind of the palm
standard.  The Mobireader is fine, but the documents
are HUGE and the application is slow on my old palm.
Just a pain having to maintain two readers.  If I
tried to put some of my Project Gutenburg downloads
into Mobireader format it would probably make my PDA
catch on fire.

I read somewhere that PDA's where meant to be used for
about a year before being replaced but I'm a real
miser and will use this one till it's screen goes
black and it starts to smell funny.

I think the PDA debate is really one of what you need
in a PDA.  I need to be able to keep track of
appointments, phone numbers, and have access to a few
text files.  I also use it to play solitare on and as
a keychain for all my passwords (Via the Strip
Program)

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah!

I have insomnia and I'm babbling.

I need a keychain of either Jupiter, Hal 9000,
Discovery One, or just some generic space dongle.  I'd
prefer it be metal and not plastic.  If anyone sees
stuff like this let me knwo.  It's for a TB.

Happy Festivus,

Andy (Yutty)

//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/list?list_id=ocaching
>  Mail List FAQ's: