[GeoStL] Re: pda for caching

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 22:51:09 -0500

-
I do not have a PDA, but was toying with the idea of a Treo as a cell phone / PDA combination. Thought maybe if I couldn't justify a PDA alone, maybe the combo would be something that would push me over the edge. You get a discount if you get a cell plan, so that may save a few bucks on the deal. I still have not quite justified it in my mind.... especially since I don't have the funds right now. But it could be a factor in your shopping.

sprocketstl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

-
So tonight I severely cracked the screen on my 5 year-old Palm IIIe. I'd been toying with the idea of replacing it, but had kept putting it off. Couldn't bring myself to spend the money. I guess I'm forced to now (I use the pda for more than just caching).

Does anyone care to share experiences with different pdas? Good points/bad points? I figure this is my opportunity to get more options on a new one (without spending too much) and maybe look at brands outside of Palm.

Any suggestions, input, etc. would be most helpful.

Thanks,
-Todd