[STL Geocaching] Re: objectives. part 1

  • From: Richard Sheffold <dsheffold@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 21:00:33 -0600

I think Paul is right about someone elses caches and labeling. We wouldn't
want someone to put a bumper sticker on our car promoting something they
believe in, even though we believe in it too. Like freedom, I assume
everyone here believes in that.

I'm not sure what the extensive testing bears out yet. Will a label taped to
the inside of Tupperware still stick after a wet Spring or a hot, humid
summer.

For our own use (the St. Louis group-and whoever else wants them), I was
thinking of something preprinted with all the necessary info. Maybe 2 1/2"
by 3 1/2 ", printed on both sides if needed and then laminated. A sheet
would hold 9 "labels" and I think it's $1 at Office Max for a 8 1/2 x 11
laminated page. We'd have to figure out something to provide a little space
between each "label" for the laminate to seal to it's self  completely
around each label. Then we could punch a small hole and attach it to the
outside of most containers, such as ammo boxes, Ziplocks, and Tupperware
using a wirewrap. For glass and other types, the wrap could go around the
threaded part of the jar or probably tightened pretty good around any
container. I've got some 24" ties, so 3 together would go around a 55 gallon
drum, if anyone has a cache that big.