[STL Geocaching] Re: objectives. part 1

  • From: Paul Konopacki <konopapw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:32:32 -0600

Take it out of my geocaching.com annual membership!

Even though I fully support cache identification,
I would like to say this:

Caches come in different shapes and sizes.  One label
size won't fit all.

Many caches already have official labels, or have writing
on them that identifies them as caches.  In addition,
the cache name, coordinates and internet addresses
may have already been applied by the cache placer.
The placer might have even added personal touches,
like artwork.  I'd hate to see labels placed on caches
in a way that would take away from the creativity
of the cache, or deface it.

Will Jr. be able to take the label off easily so that
mom can get her tupperware container back?

We have to be careful not to become the cache police.

Sleepy in Eureka