[GeoStL] Re: not good press for st. louis

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 15:12:31 -0600

This has always concerned me. The fact that anyone can list a cache or even
worse, raid caches by using the website. Luckily we have not ran into that
problem here. In Michigan there was a problem with some teens using the website
and then stealing ammo boxes.

I looked at the cache that geo-johnson complained about and it looked like a
legitimate mistake. He probably set a waypoint for where he parked and another
for the cache. He then transposed the coords. He fixed it and admits it was his
error. That one was in Minnesota.

Where are the ones mentioned in St. Louis? The conversation kind of veers from
this cache to, "I once knew of this cache..."

Then there is someone saying, "I'll never seek after their caches!" Who is
they??

I'm starting to think "They" is "Snuffy" :-)

Mike