[GeoStL] not good press for st. louis

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 18:27:15 -0600

- i am starting to narrow in on who was "joking" with wadcutter but not sure of the caches mentioned yet.. any hints??

gln

http://opentopic.groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=5810919345&r=5580915445#5580915445

in the forums...

"The 1 cache that was listed by his buddy in the game has been archived. Several people logged the coords were off by several hundred feet. We found it only by a detailed search and we also noticed it was off by a couple of hundred feet. I thought it might have been common error and the +/- factor between a couple of different units. But then the hint took the person in a different direction too. Not knowing the people I again gave them the benefit of the doubt, figuring some people couldn't tell which way was north with a gps, compass, road map, and the north star labled for them. Some people just don't have a sense of direction. It wasn't until I ran into the other part of the team that he admitted they knew the directions were off and it was part of their private game. The next day or 2 they archived that cache. I think I've figured out at least 1 other they've done the same with just from reading the notes and knowing the general location. When the weather clears enough I'm going to give it a go and if it is another similiar cache I'll definitely be posting it as a request to archive. And I'll let Groundspeak know.
They are/were in the general area of St Louis. "

I have found nearly every cache in this area and I know of NO cache in the St. Louis, Mo area that fits this description in the last two years.

If you email me the name of the cache I will check it out.

We try to maintain high quality caches of all skill levels in the area. If ANYONE hears of a cache that is not on the up & up, PLEASE contact US.

glenn nash
st. louis area geocachers assn.
www.GeoStl.com

Glenn
St. Louis, Mo **************************************************************************** Our WebPage! Http://WWW.GeoStL.com Mail List Info. //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/list?list_id=geocaching The SLAGA E-store is closed for image repairs...... ****************************************************************************