[GeoStL] $$$$$$$

  • From: Michael Tollefson <mbtoll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 18:51:00 -0700 (PDT)

-
Looking at the quarterly newsletter, I noticed that we need $$$$.
Since I am a new member I am unaware of what our typical expenses are.
Of course the website costs money but what else?

The newsletter indicated that there may not be enough money to cover
events like our picnic.  Shouldn't the cost of the picnic be completely
covered by those who attend?  I have belonged to other groups like this
where we have used these events to help raise money.  Is $6 enough to
cover the cost of a family?  In the past in other clubs we have done
things like auctions or raffles at this type of events.  Nothing really
planned - people just bring stuff to donate and we bid on them or sell
raffle tickets and all of the money goes to the club.  Just some ideas
to make giving money fun.

One other thing from the newsletter - who are our current officers?  I
can't find it on the web page.  Thanks,

Mike (tollybrew)

Subject field