[GeoStL] Re: no stats?

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 07:03:12 -0700 (PDT)

-
WOW, see what you miss when you don't follow the
forums?.....I don't know what they are talking about
and a lot of the stuff I read seems basically
pointless...no pun intended :) ....However there is a
thread in those forum notes that I do agree with. If
you don't want to follow the stats DON"T LOOK
Personally I enjoy looking at the stats to see where
everyone is and how they are doing. I don't care if I
am # 1 or #1000 in the stats columns as the only
competition I am in is with myself...
I have tried to keep myself in the top 30 or so but it
is for my own satisfaction and not to reflect on
others accomplishments. It is my own personal
competition. :)
Our group here in the MO area is a great and fun group
and I think that one of the posts I saw from Matt1344
said it best. He had just received a note of
congratulations from Bruce on his 100th find. He said
something like "When I first started caching Bruce had
2000 finds now I have 100 and he has 3000 and he sends
ME congratulations" Everyone caches at their own pace
and I think in this group at least everyone is proud
and happy for anyone here making a personal goal or
milestone whether it is 100 or 3000. And that is the
way it should be :)
Thanks to you all for making SLAGA and MO a great
place to cache :)

OK I am off my soap box :D
Have a great day and I look forward to seeing you all
on the caching trail

Dan (who is STILL looking for his 200th find)

http://ubbx.groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5726007311&f=4016058331&m=61760297

> At first, I thought they were talking about not
> counting
> our caches at all. Is that what they are talking
> about? Or
> is it just that since the offsite stats page is
> gone, they
> want stats on gc.com? I haven't been to the forums
> in
> awhile so this whole uproar on stats is interesting.
>

> I am also so used to geostl.com stats that I forget
> that
> that is not something all people have. And I am
> wondering
> if whatever this change is will effect our stats.
>
> Does anyone know why Dan's stats dissapeared? Is it
> because of the difficulty in keeping up with all of
> Jeremy's code changes?
>
> jen-posting from the web again since my Outlook is
> on
> strike again.

>  Mail List FAQ's:
> //www.freelists.org/help/questions.html