[GeoStL] Re: looks even nicer than the colorado.

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 21:56:54 -0500

- Do they do their own maps, or do they get them from a third party? I was thinking that they get their map data from outside sources and the outside source is who has to make the map corrections. When you print stuff from MapSource, it bears a NAVTEQ legend. Who are they?

I even vaguely recall that a few years ago, if you wanted to report a map problem, either the page they sent you to, or the email they gave for submitting the problem was not the same domain as garmin.com...... but then I am getting old and the mind plays tricks on me now and again.

Any takers on the GIS issue? I don't know a thing about them, but I am a techno-geek type and if you can't track down anyone with real knowledge, I might be able to crack the nut with some research if you are willing to wait until I figure it out.

Mike

Jim Bensman wrote:

I am not sure if I would want a touch screen.  While it could be useful, I am not sure how it would work in the rain and snow and mud.

But I guess this explains why Garmin has been so slow on fixing the problems with the CO.  This is an example of why I hate Garmin but love their products.

I got City Navigator 2009 today.  While after 3 versions they finally fixed the most important problem for me (IL-255 4 lane limited access highway that has been open for over 4 years), I pointed out over 300 errors in the maps they did not fix.  I was able to find one thing besides IL-255 that they fixed.  Very irritating and upsetting.  But I am very happy to get IL-255 as now I can autoroute home correctly.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

Go Obamma!

Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 09:34:20 -0500

From: ilcds231@xxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am gonna wait until the ILLINOIS comes out.

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 9:28 AM, Glenn Nash <glenn.geocachingadmin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

-
looks even nicer than the colorado.

http://tinyurl.com/6z4l6r

It's a talkathon – but it's not just talk. Check out the i'm Talkathon.