[GeoStL] logging breakfast

  • From: pntball <gcpntball@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:07:26 -0700 (PDT)

i dont think that the breakfasts should be logged it is just a gathering of
folks to have a social thing.now if we were to have monthly meetings with
workshops and such then it would be a loggable cache.btw why don't we have a
monthly meeting to touch base about what is new in the caching world.we are
becoming a bigger group and need to take on the role of organizing a group
.let's check into this and see what we can pull out of the hat.pntball

Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-
That is a common thought, nothing to get blasted about. Many parts of the
country list events every time someone stops on the corner to talk. Other
places list only bigger events and others list the monthly planning and
members meetings too.

In general, an event has to be for geocachers, where geocaching is
discussed, or participated in.

Many folks are starting to balk at the "I am going (camping, eating,
walking... ) y'all come along sort of event pages.

I think personally they are sort of borderline. That is why I haven't
posted any of my geocaching camping w/e caches this year.

The only event caches that I *clearly* think are bogus are the types that
are not directly geocaching related but some geocachers are invited to show
up... "Come to our 4wheel drive event, some cachers are gonna be there, we
can talk" .. ect.

It a wash to me, what ever the consensus is is OK by me.

gln

At 12:45 PM 9/18/2003, Barbara Hunt wrote:

>-
>Maybe I'll get blasted, but it doesn't seem right to be able to log a cache
>every time we meet at a restaraunt to eat! For a big event like the picnic
>or holiday party, OK, but for every breakfast or lunch? I like Jen's idea of
>placing a cache or two nearby in which to log the travel bugs for the
>exchange.

> the Subject field

Subject field