[GeoStL] Re: just idle complaining

  • From: "Jen Guyer" <nyisutter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:07:12 -0500

   >> I was and am still suprised that your bookcrossing cache has lasted
this long. It's in a very obvious spot and I really thought the first time I
found it, it would have not lasted a month.. But.. It's still there.. If it
was a rest area, it would have been gone a long time ago.. <<

  Yeah, I am surprised too. When I first hid it, it was well concealed with
vegetation. But all that vegetation is virtually gone now and it is right
out there!

  As far as rest area caches, I agree with your theory for the most part.
But the frustrating thing is that this one was in a spot that I really
didn't expect anyone to just happen upon. You really have to be looking for
something in that spot. So, unless someone was just extremely careless or an
overly ambitious animal moved it, it shouldn't have been compromised QUITE
so soon!

  Of course, I have heard that rest stops are the popular place for um,
alternative lifestyle activities, so maybe cachers wouldn't be the only
people in this spot. But, it still was not out in the open where you would
just stumbe on it, and I would hate to be the one picking beggars lice off
delicate places!

  Now, Tiny Treasures, that one I expected to disapear in a week. But not
Minneola Hill. Oh well.

  Jen