[GeoStL] Re: how to change my user name

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:42:09 -0600

-
  This announcement
<http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=130149>
http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=130149    from
Groundspeak explained that due to software issues it is just no longer
possible. Believe me, I have tried and it is just not possible.  What
you CAN do tho  to change your name is you can open a new account, relog
all of your logs under your new name then  delete the old logs. If you
are a new cacher this would work. If you have 3000 logs, this would be
quite the task.  You can then transfer your caches to your new name
using the  using the adoption page <http://www.geocaching.com/adopt>.
If you need to transfer your premium membership you will have to  send
an e-mail to contact@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Glenn