[GeoStL] Re: geocaching.com & virtuals

  • From: "TKLNHL" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:39:37 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Laura D
  To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 5:40 PM
  Subject: [GeoStL] Re: geocaching.com & virtuals

  This is exactly why I haven't placed a cache yet.

  Glad you said this first. I was trying to figure out a way to say the same
thing but I have a tendency to be wordy (yeah really ..) and you went straight
to the point. I have three uncached  parks very near me and we've concocted a
great little story for them -- but one involves variations on balls and the
other involves girl things. NOT what some people are looking for in way of
trade items.  I've had these caches made and ready to go for a while now, but
haven't put them out for "fear" of alienating people I've never MET  LOL.  The
parks are well-maintained, have very nice playgrounds and a couple of miles of
trails.  However,  being an overthinker, I wonder do I bother to go through
with this and disappoint an experienced group of people I don't know or go
ahead and see what happens.

  My nearly 6 yr old daughter enjoys the walks, the hunt, doesn't balk at a
micro and is even learning to use the GPSr. Had we recently come across a McToy
in the form of the miniature black Barbie within the last month it certainly
would have thrilled her and saved ME $2.99 at a drive through.  McToys, for
what they are, are lovely little things. Where else can you get a Little Person
for free?

  No we haven't even broken 50 yet in our finds. But, we've enjoyed every cache
we've done either solo or as a family. We've learned something on each one and
left with  more than a trade item.  But, I have to agree with Laura (aka
Purple) here -- getting out and placing one is quite intimidating.

  Nancy
  NHL of TKLNHL & Kyd