[GeoStL] Re: geocaching and Mac computers

  • From: Martin Gross <martin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 22:37:40 -0500

-
Macs are subject to slowing down like any other computer. But Macs don't get the viruses and spyware that are usually the cause of slowdown on Windows computers (mostly because nobody cares to try and write any). As for geocaching on a mac, there's MacCaching. But since you'll have windows on there too it doesn't really matter.

MBG

On Apr 3, 2008, at 7:23 PM, Glenn wrote:

-
My desktop computer is getting old and cant keep up with all the cache reviewing and all. I have started looking for a new one. I am looking for the biggest, fastest, meanest #%&# I can find. My Friend Herbie just got an 8core apple something or other but I have been looking at various quad core's and have been circling around the Hewlett Packard Quad cores for a while.

A buddy that sells windows computers at a local store here pulled me aside and told me to head over to the Apple store. Says that the apple desktops can be set up to boot into a windows partition, run my xp-pro and for the same money will smoke everything in his store. Also said they run forever, dont slow down like windowz machines. Tomorrow i will head over to the A-store and take a peek and see what he is talking about.

Any suggestions??
That is all fine only if i can do geocaching stuff on it. I guess it is worth a look, right??

Many thanks,
Glenn