[GeoStL] Re: geocaching and Mac computers

  • From: Laura Million <lmillio@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 21:48:05 -0500

-
If you know anyone in Education, K-College, you can get an educational discount
through Apple. It can be $100-$200 off. They may have to send a college ID or
proof of employment, but it might be worth it.

I'd love a MacBook Pro, but I think I'll have to settle for the less expensive
MacBook right now. With Parallels, you can run windows and any windows based
program. I want the Mac for iLife, a wonderful audio/video editing and photo
package. I was holding out in hopes that my boss would get me one for my job,
but I'm out of luck, I'll have to buy it for myself.

Laura
2_cats

Quoting Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> -
> My desktop computer is getting old  and cant keep up with all the cache
> reviewing and all.  I have started looking for a new one. I am looking
> for the biggest, fastest, meanest #%&# I can find.
>
> My Friend Herbie just got an 8core apple something or other but I have
> been looking at various quad core's and have been circling around the
> Hewlett Packard Quad cores for a while.
>
> A buddy that sells windows computers at a local store here pulled me
> aside and told me to head over to the Apple store.  Says that the apple
> desktops can be set up to boot into a windows partition, run my xp-pro
> and for the same money will smoke everything in his store.  Also said
> they run forever, dont slow down like windowz machines.   Tomorrow i
> will head over to the A-store and take a peek and see what he is talking
> about.
>
> Any suggestions??
> That is all fine only if i can do geocaching stuff on it. I guess it is
> worth a look, right??
>
> Many thanks,
> Glenn

Laura Million