[GeoStL] garmin malfunctioning

  • From: "Gale R. Nie" <showme69@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:02:26 -0500

I've had an off and on  problem lately with my etrex yellow and wanted to see
if anyone else has had this happen. Many of you probably won't since I enter my
waypoints manually.  Anyway, when I enter a new waypoint and go to change the
name to the "GCXXXX" name on gc.com, I change all the digits, then the OK at
the bottom of the screen is highlighted and I push the button to enter it.
Well instead of renaming the waypoint, the cursor jumps back up to the first
digit of the waypoint. I then have to back out of the screen to continue.  At
first I thought the waypoint name wouldn't be changed, but when I chose the
original number for that waypoint to go to it, the map screen with the little
walking guy shows the original number, such as 172, and behind it is the new
waypoint I punched in. I can see the "G" sticking out to the left of the number
1 in 172 and the last digit of the waypoint is to the right of the number 2 in
172.  Since it first happened, I've had it work normally again, then revert
back to the malfunctioning way and now it's working ok again. Hasn't prevented
me from caching so I'm not too worried right now, just wanted to see if anyone
else has had this happen and if it's a sign of bigger, future problems.

Gale