[GeoStL] garmin GPS repair

  • From: Edwin Biesemeyer <singer1ed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 13:57:56 -0700 (PDT)

Saturday,  as we approached the final find at 101, my Garmin Etrex Mariner went
haywire.  Three vertical lines of varying width appeared on the screen
obscuring the view.  I e-mailed Garmin Support about it and they say they will
repair it for a minimum of $79.

I keep seeing where people here are getting their units repaired or replaced
for free.  How is everyone going about getting this done for free.  First of
all I don't work now as I am a full-time student.  Second If I gotta pay that
much to get the thing repaired I'll just throw it away and forget about
Geocaching till I can afford a new one at which time I will definitely look
into a 60cs.  I really don't want to forget about it when Spring has sprung and
Summer is well on its way.

-Digger Odell

http://mail.yahoo.com