[GeoStL] from timothy

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SLAGA <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 19:21:20 -0500

-
Hi all!

I know, I've not been around for ages, I've been busy, but plan to get back into
caching at least once a month.

Anyway, something I saw recently that might be of interest...

1) I don't know if any of you use flickr to post their pictures, but it's a
great site - http://flickr.com

2) You may also have seen google maps, which is a very nice new map site,
complete with satellite images as well.  http://maps.google.com/

Well, someone has combined the two - you can tag your flickr images with the
latitude and longitude of the subject in the image, and then this independant
group will take the data and mark a Google map with the points - when you click
on the points so marked, you see the image taken.

See http://blog.flickr.com/flickrblog/2005/05/flickr_maps_tak.html for a more
info.

Regards,

Timothy