[GeoSTL] from the horses hoof.

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SLAGA <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 22:23:08 -0500

FROM the geogamers forum. Right from the horses hoof. :  Glenn
---------------------

You got the concept of the CacheCoins correct. They were designed as a way
to verify cache finds and to be mailed back in to be verified by us. Each
validated coin is worth 10 points, and a CacheHost is awarded 3 points for
every coin validated at their site.
Once received, we also plan to have bonus drawings from time to time. We?ll
put all the coins we receive during a pre-announced game period in a fish
bowl and draw out validated coins and post bonus points to the winning
players account.
We ask that a cache is not posted on the site until the CacheHost sticker is
in place. We realize that will take some time to get a lot of them out
there, but it´s the only way a player won?t be spoiled on the find.
As for the cost of CacheHost stickers. The posted cost of $1 is to cover
printing and postage. We are planning on making them available by using a
PDF document and issuing them electronically, but we?re not quite there yet.
In the meantime, we have printed out a small supply to be mailed out free on
a first come, first served basis, so If anyone would like to receive a few,
all they have to do is send me an eMail with their ?Snail Mail? address and
we will get them out ASAP while supplies last.
Stan
(a.k.a. NetMan)
. . . Therapy is expensive. Poppin' bubble wrap is cheap.
The choice is yours . . .